December 3, 2013

Winter Has Arrived

It turned into winter last night, as predicted.  It is supposed to get below zero this week.  We'll see.  I haven't been too impressed with any weather predictions this year.

It is still early in the season, but so far I am enjoying the colder weather much more than usual.  I think a very big reason is that Derrick installed the pellet stove late last winter, so even though it is cold outside, I am very warm inside our house.  For the first time in the seven years we have been in this house, I am not huddled up in a blanket, wearing a sweater, and drinking hot tea just to keep myself from being tense with cold.  :)

On a different note, I am missing the camera on my Galaxy 3.  The phone itself started giving me grief, so Derrick let me switch over to his old Motorola.  The phone itself works great (I can actually enter my number code in to check my voice mail!  Whew!), but the camera doesn't work much better than the plain jane dumb phone I had before the Galaxy.  Oh well (and I know I sound like a complete spoiled whiner here).  You can still get the idea from these pics.  Snow has been officially documented.





No comments: