March 5, 2008

My Heart

Kloe has been in her room for about the last hour. She is supposed to be cleaning it, but I am pretty much certain that very little is getting done. I get lots of hugs from her when it is time to clean her room. She calls them hug breaks.

She just came out a second ago and told me she should not have to clean her room. I shook my head, rolling my eyes and asked her,"Kloe, why in the world should you not have to clean your own room?"

With the conviction that she has on most things, she emphatically said,"Mommy, my heart is just telling me I don't WANT to!"

Ok. Very Funny Girl.
But she still has to clean her room.

She comes out 10 minutes later with a peice of paper in her hand.

"WHAT are you doing Kloe?" I ask her again, I admit impatiently.

"Well, I have to get my list finished in the kitchen", she says a little sheepishly.

"WHAT LIST???" I say in my usual voice, which always denotes how astounded I am at the lengths she will go through to not clean her room. After all, the girl can not read. Or write. Which makes a list somewhat unnecessary.

"Um... this is my pretend list that tells me what I need to be cleaning in my room."

Okay. She made me laugh again.

But she still has to clean her room.

No comments: