September 28, 2010

A Week With Mom

Friday afternoon Renae called and said they were taking Mom to the ER in Plains. She hadn't had anything to drink for days or eaten anything either. Derrick and I both left work early, packed quickly, picked up the kids from school and quickly departed for Plains, where I have been ever since. We have been bringing her into the hospital daily ever since for intravenous fluids and antibiotics. She has a continuous flow of pain meds through a patch, and is taking quite a lot of delaudid too. She is in and out of coherency and is halucinating quite a bit. I took this week off of work to be with her. We have a doctor's apt. tomorrow- gonna talk to hospice at that apt. Mom has been very opposed to hospice so far, because it represents giving up to her. The truth is that the family needs help too. There are going to be situations coming up where help will be completely necessary. Tomorrow I will also be going to Missoula for a couple hours to gather school work for the kids so they don't get so far behind. Right now Derrin is with Brandon and Lyndsay and Kloe is with Aiyana and Steph. That is nice- it lets me focus my attention on Mom more.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hi, sweet Rachel. We are thinking of you. We love you!!!! Prov. 15:22!