November 1, 2013

How the Radio Makes Me Hate Most Songs

First DJ- WOW!!!  This is an AMAZING song.  It is so truly original!!!
Second DJ- You are correct, my good Sir.  How long do you think it will take before we totally suck the life out of it, and make most of our listeners complete despise it?
First DJ-  Good question, my man!  With a song this great, it is going to take a bit of effort on our part.  Let's start out with the obvious:  We will play this song at LEAST twice and hour, every hour.
Second DJ- Great start!  I think I will call our sister stations and let them join in, and with careful planning we can make sure the song has almost continuous play time!
First DJ- FANTASTIC thinking!  You are on FIRE!!  I think we should let this go on for a few months.  But, you know, this song has a pretty unique beat.  I suspect some people may be pretty hard to flip from loving it to the pure hate that we are trying to accomplish.
Second DJ- NO WORRIES.  While we've been talking, I laid out a fresh new dance beat we can use on our song.  And when I say "fresh new beat", of course I am being completely ironic.  Now it can sound like every other song we play on our station, with only a hint of what made anyone love it in the first place!!!
First DJ-  I knew there was a reason I hired you!!  Let's get going!  This song isn't going to get hated all by itself!

No comments: