August 26, 2015

First Days

Today was the first day of high school for Derrin.  He's going to be fifteen next month.  Holy moly.

He came home pretty excited about his classes.  He says both of his computer science teachers are super nerds.  This is a description rendering the most significant amount of approval that my son can give.  Here's to hoping for a good year for him!

We will be starting home school with Kloe next Monday.  I found a pretty good curiculum online, and it seems to give a lot of parental control in deciding scheduling as well as difficulty level.  Kloe is mildly interested in how it will go.

I think she is still a bit bummed out about not returning to regular school.  I'm really really hoping that I can turn that around for her.  She starts piano lessons next Tuesday, which is something she has been wanting to do for awhile.  I'm thinking that will amp up her excitement level.  We have some other fun plans to implement throughout the week as well, so hoping for a good year.  Hope hope hope hope.

No comments: