November 13, 2015

Home

We survived the month! Barely.... hanging on by our fingernails and racing time, but now we are on day one of a new UNcrazy month.  Sure, we are surrounded by boxes, and Derrin is the only one whose bed is put together, but all of that is trivial, and can be leisurely chipped away at.

The last four days were about fixing up the old house for renters.  I guess when you live somewhere for ten years, you can become a bit blind to everything that needs to be fixed up.  Every room needed paint.  All the trim and doors needed paint.  All the grout in the whole place (so, so much grout) needed to be thoroughly scrubbed.  And then there was just the regular cleaning you need to do when moving on.  Four days was a tight fit for everything that happened, but we passed inspection with our property management company, so now we are here at the new place and we can try to forget the whole thing ever happened.

Except for somehow in this month, I did something to my shoulder (it could have been the non-stop painting/scrubbing).  My hand has been going numb all month, and now I have shooting pains going down my shoulder, through my arm and bypassing my numb hand to land into my fingertips.  Weird.  My sis suggested a masseuse yesterday, and Derrick suggested his chiropractor "Fabio" (nick-named for his flowing locks and romance novel good looks- his real name is Tony), and I'm thinking I may be calling one or the other today.

I'm liking it at our new place.  It has amazing natural light (or other house could feel pretty dark).  I like that I can't see into any one's windows (although I can see traffic going by on Reserve, but that isn't bothering me like I thought it might).  I very much like that my couches finally made it here, with their soft, never letting you get up again, cushions.  I like that it is already feeling like a home.

As soon as we get the box population down, I will post a few pics.

No comments: