July 23, 2010

Not Good

Last week we got the news from the Plains Clinic (where Mom is seeing Dr. Dry now), that her CEA was down the around 600. Initially I was skeptical, thinking that we needed to wait until we heard what the levels measured out as at the Missoula clinic. But I guess we all needed some hope. We all decided it was because of how well she'd stuck to her regiment while staying at Renae's after Dad's heart surgery, and that all of the work had actually paid off. I think we all felt pretty relieved about it.

Just got a call from Mom awhile ago. The CEA count in Missoula is 1947. It has actually gone up pretty dramatically since last time it was checked in Missoula. I had chalked up my suspicions of cancer in her stomach as an over reaction (I was pretty high-strung during that whole time period) since her numbers had apparently went down, but now I don't know.

No comments: