March 11, 2011

35

I turned 35 today.  WHAT?  It's kind of a weird idea for me... THIRTY-FIVE.  Wow, half-way through my thirties.  I don't feel like 35 inside, but this is the year I can see that my thirties are showing through.  There are lines on my forehead, and a furrow in my brow that became deeper last October during the time that my momma was so sick.  They have decided to take up permanent residence on my face.  My plan so far has been to cut bangs and wear hats and *presto*, no more lines and furrows.  I am thinking that eventually, as lines start to appear more noticeably around my eyes, I am going to have to invest in some giant movie star sunglasses and start finding legitimate reasons to wear them everywhere... and maybe start wearing turtle necks to hide my neck if that becomes an issue... maybe invest in a burqa.:)

Honestly though,  I'm not too freaked out about turning 35.  My mom didn't even get pregnant with me until she was 36, and I find a huge deal of  comfort from that as I am entering into the second part of thirty-hood.  If our lives had coincided as strangers destined to be friends in the year I was born (and we were destined to be SUCH friends), I wouldn't have even have met her yet.   I experienced knowing a mother who had created another part of her family at age 37.  I guess my point is that it's not over yet, and I'm not done becoming who I am going to be... and hopefully I won't ever be done with it.

I saw my mom grow older.  She was 71 when she died, and she was still so beautiful.  If anything, she just became more beautiful as she got older.  When you surround yourself with people who see you through eyes of love, and you always strive to be the most loving person you can be, you will always be a beautiful person. A good skin care routine helps too (Thanks Mom, for showing me the way).  :)

2 comments:

Deana Mattos said...

You are beautiful, inside and out. Those lines and furrows, are badges of experience and wisdom, compassion, sorrow, joy, they are the account of our life, a life precious to Jehovah, wear them proudly and beautifully. This is coming from a person with a whole trunk full of life experience and someone who is almost 6 years older. So listen up :)

~From Paradise~ said...

I can't believe I didn't respond to this beautiful comment yet. Thank you Deana! And I did listen up:)