March 10, 2011

A Field Trip with My Girlio

Yesterday I went on a field trip with Kloe and her 2nd grade class. It turned into a very fun day.

First of all, we were transported everywhere on the city bus, which was a first for 'ma girl and 'maself (we are so NOT eco-friendly with our using CARS and such).

We went to the University, where our first stop was the indian center.  It was mildly entertaining and a kinda educational.  I think the lady giving the tour could have made it a lot more fun, because Native American history is exciting.

Next we went to the Health Sciences Center where we were able to look at all sorts of dead animals, like Griz and Polar bear skulls, lots of different kinds of bats, and hundreds of different kinds of animal pelts.

After that we went to the  Meloy Gallery art exhibit.  There was some very beautiful artwork there.  It is amazing to see portraits that capture the light and textures like they did; so beautiful and amazing.  I would love love love to go again.

We took some pictures (Not of the art though- against the rules, just ask the 2nd graders- VERY aggressive on enforcing rules.  I almost caused a riot suggesting I should take some pictures)... I'll have to try to get some in here!


No comments: