October 30, 2006

Stylin

I was looking through some old pictures the other day and I found one that was particularly sad... in a funny way. I must have been around 12 in it... it was the year of the Sally Jesse Raphael glasses and I was STYLIN (as were my brother Shaun and cousin Heidi...)
I vow here and now to save my own children from such blunders in fashion... or do I?

Styles come and go so horribly. My mom was famous (at least in conversations started by me around our family table ) for dressing me in little polyester leisure suits when I was a toddler. Now that I am a mother, I realize the amount of time and money that go into dressing your child and a small sad part of me knows that my kids (as teenagers) probably will think I dressed them like deranged little adults too. The thing about the above picture is that I was a preteenager. My mom probably got some giggles from how I was choosing to present myself. In my future it may prove to be some small form of revenge against tweeager attitude... beware my children...

No comments: