October 31, 2006

projects to keep sane...

October 31, 2006


projects to keep sane...

Every year as the leaves begin to fall and the days start to get a little greyer, I go into project mode. Call it a method to sanity. Call it my key to living in Montana during winter. I do like to ski and play in the snow of course, but I would rather just live somewhere else in the winter (Arizona, Mexico, Hawaii...) Summers here do make up for it all (floating the river, hiking, messing around in the garden...) but in the meantime there is the matter of surviving winter unscathed. So, this is the time of year when everything in my house gets painted, beaded, super-cleaned, moved around and basically anything else that crossed my mind during the summer months but I was just too busy to do. Sooo, project season having commenced, here is a picture of my latest. I am painting my kitchen table and it is BRIGHT (or at least the chairs to it are). It shall match my kitchen with it's so-yellow-it-hurts-your-eyes brilliantly. I need help waking up in the morning and the yellow glow helps. ANYWAYS, here is a picture of the as yet unfinished table and chairs. I also included a picture of my last project, a mosaic mirror I made for my super-neices wedding present.

No comments: