June 17, 2011

My Summer To-Do

Droopy Days
This summer has already been rushing by.  I should say "summer vacation", because in reality the first day of summer is June 21st, which is five days away from now.

So far we have had a whole three consecutive days of sun, and a whole lot of rain.  Everything is beautiful (the plants are loving it) but it's making people kind of droopy.

It's been kind of quiet up to now.  I've been filling in at my office job this week.  I'll be taking the kids to T. Falls on Sunday and leaving them with Stephy.  They are going to be taking swimming lessons with their little cousins there for the next couple of weeks.  I am working at the office again Monday (Going to see Brandi Carlile and Ray Lamontagne in concert- Derrick bought us tickets forever ago! Can't believe it's already here) and Tuesday (my friend Amy's gonna stay with me for a bit those days while her kiddo gets fixed up at the doctor) and then I should be mostly done there for the rest of the summer.  I'll drive down to T. Falls to be with the kiddies and Stephy.  We'll be staying there during the next couple of weeks, and then going back home on the weekends for various summer parties and 'hanging out with Derrick time'.  

The assembly is coming up in July, and I'm hoping for some camping in there with various buds of ours.  There is definitely gonna be a trip to Seattle sometime in August to see Aunt Tia and Uncle David.  All of this will be interspersed with meetings, service, playing at the water park with our friends, being Derrick's office sidekick, and keeping the house functioning. 

Hopefully most of these things will happen under a big sunny sky.

No comments: