June 6, 2011

The Tortures of Cleaning One's Room

For the love of PETE. 

Kloe has been in her room for FOUR HOURS, "cleaning".  Argh.  I was ready to jump in there are three and a half hours ago to do it myself, but then I got the 'She'll never learn to do it herself if you keep jumping in there to do it' speech from Derrick, so I withdrew.  Talk about torturing the both of us.  If I wasn't determined to clean her carpet tomorrow I would just give up. 

Not worth it. 

BUT, since giving up isn't an option for either of us at this point, and she only has thirty-five minutes left before bedtime, I've had to resort to threatening to keep her lizards in my room for a while.  I actually hear a lot more movement in her room, so maybe everything will be work out?  A lot of flinging and flouncing actually.  I'm definitely not on her 'top five parent list' at the moment.

Derrin's still working in his room too.  He's doing the finer details, like figuring out what to do with all the shoes lining his walls.  I think it only took him so long because I found a really cool fish tank for his room today, so he was moving his little bug-eye goldfish "Wolf" over to his new home and coaxing him to eat.

We bought Wolf yesterday at Walmart.  I'm hoping that he lives longer than any of the other fish I've bought from there.  Usually they only make it a week or two before floating belly up.  He (*as in DERRIN, not WOLF- thanks for calling me about that Renae-haha* :) was willing to go grocery shopping with me if I took him to Pet Smart, but then Pet Smart was closed.  He was one sad little guy.  Getting the fish at Walmart made the sad face go away.  Hopefully it's not back in a couple weeks.

While Derrin and I were out fish/grocery shopping, Derrick took Kloe to get a new bike- her feet were draggin on the ground on her old one. By their bike riding accounts, a good time was has by all (as in Kloe and Derrick- Derrin and I were on the aforementioned grocery shopping expedition).

Okay.  The moment of truth is coming up (13 extra minutes, hopefully spent well).  Time to go check out the rooms and then kiss some kids before sleepy time.  Hoping Kloe's lizards aren't coming into the Gramma Lizard's room.

No comments: