February 21, 2014

The Passing of Angst

"Don't confuse genuine peace of mind with the passing of angst that follows the demise of a dream but precedes a mounting wave of regret."

*sigh*

Quote of the week off of facebook.  Dang it.  There were about fifty other quotes on the meme with this quote that my auntie posted this week, but this was the one sentence that caught my eye.

And it did catch my eye.

Just a minute ago I was on facebook again, and saw this beautiful portrait of a couple dancing at their daughter's wedding.  I thought "that is a beautiful picture" about five seconds before I realized it was a picture I had taken five years ago at a wedding.

I love to capture moments like that in photography.

So does everyone else on this planet of ours.

*sigh*

I'd given up on that achy, angsty part of myself that actually ever wanted to do something with it.  But a couple of weeks ago at an epic party I had the pleasure to be part of, I happened to take a lot of pictures.  I liked them.  A lot.

Reminded me that I used to really like to do this sort of thing.  And then I saw that picture I'd taken at that wedding all those years ago.

Then this feeling resettled in my bones.  Oh my friend, Angst!!  It's been awhile.  Come on in.

2 comments:

Lores said...

Loved reading about your trip and all of your writing darlin You do have a gift Many gifts -- Thanks for Sharing

~From Paradise~ said...

Thank you Auntie:) Love ya!