February 15, 2014

Tuesday (Beach Bliss)

Tuesday- Beach Day

Tuesday was my favorite day while in Cancun.  We woke up, went to the World Cafe for breakfast (it was a pretty good buffet place), put our swimsuits on, and then did very little but lay on the beach until dinner time.  The next time I go to Cancun, I want most of the days to resemble this particular day.

We got there early enough in the day to actually get chairs to lay instead of toweling it on the sand, so that was nice.  We put on layer after layer of sunscreen, because the sun was just that big, bold, and in our face.  We'd warm up to just about too hot, and then jump in the ocean for a swim.  Repeat.  Repeat.

We'd take turns going to the tiki hut for drinks (we tried a lot of different kinds of drinks), or grab the waiter as he made his rounds by us.  We discovered a hermit crab gathering just outside a little hermit grab forest.

We flipped from side up to the sun and side down to the sun, over and over and... over.

We swam out to the trampoline they had set up in the ocean (marked KIDS ONLY), climbed up and laid on it- true rebels.  Then Rob pushed and Derrick pulled me into the ocean.

We snorkeled along the dock and found a surprising amount of cool fish to look at (and I got stung on the arm by some coral when I swam too close- still itching from that incident).  This was THE day of bliss (for me).  
Fixture in the motel lobby


"Liquid Marijuana"- prettier than it tasted 
Red Snapper. "Go ahead, eat me.  I DARE you!"  So I did.  Right after I covered his head with onions.

"Blue Hawaiian"

Group shot in front of the Hermit Crab Forrest



No comments: