May 24, 2011

Beautiful Rain

It is raining outside this morning.  A LOT.  The plants are soaking it in though.  On days like this I like to pretend I'm somewhere more exotic, like Ireland or Scotland. 

It gets so green here this time of year.  If you were to put pictures of Ireland right next to pictures of our area during Springtime, you'd see a lot of similarities. 

Now, if only we could have cooler accents.








I planted some of flowers this weekend- mostly some dahlias I bought awhile ago. All this rain is soaking into their little roots right now.

I also planted a big pot with a dahlia plant and some bulbs that are supposed to turn into big green leafy things. As soon as they start to come up, I'm going to finally do the running water from a flower pot to a buried pot (love water sounds) project (it's in my 'Projects I want To Try' file to the right). I have the water pump, the ten gallon bucket and the flower pots, but I still need some hard wire and big rocks to put over the hole with the big buried bucket.
My Peonies, sitting around, just being beautiful.




I'm hoping it clears up this afternoon. I'd love to go for a run. I did the six miles yesterday where I speed walk uphill (in a residential area that is straight UP) for three miles, and then run the magic dirt road the 3 miles back home.

This is my most favoritist time of year to run. Seriously, it is breathtaking how pretty it is out there.

No comments: