May 17, 2011

Paper Mache Weekend

K.  Been trying to think of something to write down in here all day, and I've got some sort of blockage going on.  So, in the hopes of loosening it up, I'm just gonna start writing.


Yesterday was the last day at my job.  It came two weeks earlier than planned, and I am grateful for those two extra weeks. I can now form a new work routine to help with Derrick's business before the kids are out of school.  I feel some pressure has been relieved.  I'll be filling in here and there this summer, and maybe, just maybe, it will work out that I go back next fall.  But for now, it's a different schedule for me.

Had a sweet weekend with Renae and Aiyana.  It was just good to get to be with them.  We did a fun project with the kids involving balloons and paper mache.  It was actually Aiyana's idea- she wanted to make a present for her momma while she's out of town by making a "momma head".  I've always wanted to do paper mache- this was a first for all of us.  I grabbed a couple pics of the "daddy head" that Kloe and I made. Renae sent a text pic with the finished "mommy head" :-). 
A Striking Resemblance.- "Steph a.k.a 'Mommy' Head"- By Aiyana and Gramma Nae
Newly formed Headling.
"Daddy, the 2nd"- creation by Kloe
and Mommy
Can you believe Derrick finds heads laying around
on the table "creepy"?

Paper mache is fun!  I'm sure we'll be doing more of these kinds of projects with the kids in the future.







I was going to write more about this weekend...  about eating at friends' house, watching The Derrin ride a bigger motorcycle than normal, and the girls getting pulled behind a four-wheeler on a sled (in the grass), laughing their heads off, going to the movies... but my brain is just not cooperating tonight.  Plus Blogger is being super difficult to operate.








Maybe I'll end this post with an awesome video from Tori (also on the subject of bodiless heads).  I can handle that.

No comments: