December 14, 2006

The Cold Choice

If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times. The only good reason to get sick is for the opportunity to drink nyquil. We always get the green kind because it is a little easier than the red stuff to choke down. I have to say, the nyquil made me sleep better than I have in a month. Too good actually. I woke up twenty minutes late because of my sweet sick-time liquid friend. When I finally did drag myself out of bed I realized I was in that wonderful nyquil induced fog that usually lasts until noon. Glorious fog. A glorious bubble of nyquil fog (I'm still in the fog if you wonder why I'm repeating myself. The fog makes words prettier and more fun to type over and over). The fog makes the stuffy nose and sore throat feel interesting instead of irritating. The fog makes hurrying to be on time for school irrevelant. The fog makes one decide to wear pajamas (at least I brushed my teeth and put in my contacts) to drop son off at school . I just sat lower in my carseat and tried not to let passerbys see the real morning me. The fog makes one forget that her husband is having teeth pulled today. The fog (glorious fog that makes personal responsibility null and void) makes one forget she is supposed to pick up her husband at the oral surgeon's office. Fortunately, my father-in-law called to remind me so I was just a little late to pick Derrick up.

Now I am on the orange daytime syrup. Not quite as fun, but effective. Between the remaining fog, the orange stuff and the two cups of coffee I have had so far, life is good, although I am still making sure to mention to all that I do indeed have a cold. I so rarely get sick that I have to make sure the word gets out so people know I will have empathy for them when THEY get sick (noble, I know).

No comments: