April 2, 2011

Backwards

Well, I thought I would be all clever and post some actual voice notes I left for myself while I was out on my walk/run late yesterday.  I swear the endorphins are like funny juice to me, because I start to crack myself UP. 

I was out about two miles when I left the first voice message on my blackberry, just in case I might forget some hilarious stuff I needed to write down. I was walking straight uphill in my new favorite residential area (uphill for MILES), when I realized the reason I'd been uncomfortable for the last two miles was because my black stretchy walking pants were on backwards.  The thought of walking/running the next four miles in backwards pants (talk about a permanent wedgie) had me laughing at loud.  The thought of knocking on any of the random doors along the way to use a bathroom for the sole purpose of turning my pants around had me in stitches.  It just seem to lose something in translation when you write it down in black and white though, So...This is the recording of me cracking MaSelf up..:)

There was also something recorded about a 35 year old white woman from Paradise walking/running to Coolio's Gangsta Paradise, but hey, no one can say what it was like growing up in that Paradise Jungle like Coolio did.

I usually can doing some really good over thinking because, hey, being alone for an hour and a half without any of the normal distractions will cause most people to over-reflect.  I started feeling all guilty about the last couple blogs I wrote, because it occurred to me that they may not have been showing very much support to Derrick or maybe they were showing something less-than-enthusiasm about my new job as AHE.  Fortunately, my blackberry not only allows for voice recordings to capture the pure gold that is my thought process while under a running high, but it also lets me send out guilty text messages to resolve any fretting I might stir up while out there.  Derrick sent me back some reassuring texts (didn't even need any hail Mary's or any other confessional payments) and off I went on my happy way.

No comments: