April 23, 2011

Headstone

We (Dad, Renae, Danny and myself) chose a headstone yesterday.  I'm glad we waited six months to do it, it would have been much harder if we'd attempted to right away.  Renae and I have been looking online for the last couple of weeks, trying to find something we liked.  We thought we'd go somewhere local instead, and I'm glad we did.  It had to have been a little weird for Dad, as he decided to get a companion stone with his name on it as well.  I think it's going to be nice though. 

My Mom wanted to be buried in Paradise by my brother.  His headstone has a mountain scene with an elk and a fish jumping out of a stream (Daryn loved nature and hunting).  The one we designed for Mom and Dad has a similiar mountain scene.  Mom's side will also have a spray of roses and a humingbird (some of her favorite things) and Dad's side will have a guitar leaning up against a tree.  The people we are getting it from are going to email us the design in about a week so we can make any changes if we need to. 

We went to Costco after that and had Dad's hearing checked.  He's been having a hard time for awhile with higher pitched noises (like my voice:/).  They tested him and then let him walk around the store with a pair of trial hearing aids.  It was awesome!!!  He could actually hear us easily for the first time in years.  I wish he could have just walked out with the trial pair, but between trying to schedule for a fitting and ordering his new pair in, it's going to be about a week and a half before he gets them.  Very happy that he will be able to hear again though:)

Derrick and I are going to Polson today while the kiddies go to their Gramma and Grampa's.  We have some friends who have a batch of motel rooms they need to use (?very unclear on details- Derrick did all the arranging).  I'm not even really sure who all is going, except the couple who invited us, Hauns and Susan.  They are really sweet though, should be a nice time.

And now on to very important things, like drinking coffee and finishing the laundry. 

No comments: