September 24, 2013

Day 22- Bullet Your Whole Day


  • Woke up at 7:15. Stumbled out to the living room where the kids were already up and mostly ready for school.  Ground up coffee beans and started the morning coffee ritual. Kissed kids good morning, and then sat in a delirium for a few moments.  Kids both head out for the bus.
  • 8:00- Started getting ready to head out to Body Pump.  Packed some extra clothes so I could be ready to do some things in town afterward.
  • 8:30- Left the house to head to the other side of town.
  • 9:00-10:00- Body Pump-age.  I stayed on my higher weights today, so I was simultaneously happy with and cursing myself.  Survived.
  • 10:00-11:15- Got dressed and ready for actual public appearance.  Headed over to Ross (pretty close to where I work out), and went shopping for a bit.  Found a new dress, meeting shoes for Kloe (turned out to be too big when she tried them on though), and an awesome dragonfly wind chime.
  • 11:15-11:30- Went to Wendy's and had one of their Flat bread Chicken Sandwiches, minus bacon and ranch.  
  • 11:30-12:00- Tried to follow google maps to find the address of a Craigslist guy I wanted to buy a fish tank from.  I hate the google maps app on my phone.  It is always in slow motion, so I always manage to take lots of wrong turns.  Felt insanely accomplished when I actually found the guy's house.  The tank itself was disappointing.  I took it anyway because it had a better filtration system then the tank I have, and Giant Goldfish (aka "Mercury") wasn't going to make it much longer without a working filter on his tank.
  • 12:00-1-ish- Derrick called and asked if I wanted to go to Jakers for lunch with him and Steve.  Yeah!  Lunch #2!  I actually just had a cup of soup, but it was fun hanging out with the guys for a bit.
  • 1:15-2:30-ish-  I scrubbed, scraped, scalded, and did anything I could think of to clean up the fish tank I bought from the lam-o Craigslist guy.  Drained the other tank.  Transferred the giant goldfish while trying to avoid being soaked by his flopping tantrum.  Pieced together a working tank by using parts of both tanks, filled the finished one and then tossed the ungrateful fish back into his tank.
  • 2:30-2:45- Went out to the office to take a break from all things fish related.  Watched some TED tv on youtube.
  • 2:45-3:15- Shannon came over to balance quickbooks, so I hung out and chatted with her while she worked :)  She does all that stuff about 10 times faster then I ever could, and with NO cursing what-so-ever.
  • 3:15-400- Cleaned up the fish mess out of the kitchen, then emptied the dishwasher, loaded any dirty dishes, and made it perfect.
  • 4:00-5:15- Started trying to figure out what is for dinner.  Kids veto my lasagna idea, so stew and rolls it is.  Started cooking the texas rolls (they take forever).  Start thawing out stew meat in the microwave.  Notice that I have at least a dozen bananas all turning black, so decide to make a giant batch of banana bread.  
  • 5:15-6:30- Finish up all the foods.  Eat dinner.  The house smells lovely.  Still no Derrick though :(  He must be working late tonight.
  • 6:30-7:00- Somehow stumble into a discussion about GMO's with the kids.  Start talking about Monsanto.  Derrin googles it and discovered it was voted most evil corporation in the world (by organic types).  Derrin starts researching it feverishly.  Kloe declares she was happier before she ever knew about it and turns on "Ugly Betty" to wipe Monsanto from her mind.  Somewhere in there, Derrick calls and lets me know he is on his way home. 
  • 7:09- Kloe discovers that "The Voice" is on tonight.  Squeals.  Guess it's this instead of "Ugly Betty".  I'm glad- this is one of the only shows I actually like on regular television anymore (The others are "The Middle" and "Big Bang Theory".  Other than that we watch netflix).
  • 7:11- Derrick is finally home from work :)  Tells Derrin thanks for bringing in the garbage cans (I didn't even notice!), and then tells me the house smells good.  It smells like foooood.
  • 7:12-8:00- Watched "The Voice" with the kids until 8:00, have them empty the dishwasher during commercials, then off to bed with them.
  • 8:00-9:30- Finish cleaning the kitchen yet again. A little messing around on facebook... watching some youtube... some Simon's cat and then somewhere in the middle of a lecture on personality disorders that I actually found really interesting (I'm a bit of a weirdo like that), I fell asleep.  I think it is time for bed.  Goodnight!!

No comments: