November 28, 2006

~Dirty Floors and Runny Noses~

I am on a break. A break from cleaning all things that have been cleaned by me one hundred billion thousand times before.

Today I have been tackling a couple of my most hated tasks. They include (1) mopping (on my hands and knees) all of the tile in the house which include both bathrooms and my kitchen AND (2) REALLY cleaning my master bath, which normally gets put off for awhile because it is the one room in the house that only I and Derrick see. The thing is, I can can only take so much filth before I start spraying everything down again and scrubbing. Today was when I realized I could not take a single minute more of it's dirty tub and hairy floor... hmmm, I hope my friends still love me after this because it is starting to sound grosser than what I intended.

Since we are already in gross mode, I was thinking about how motherhood has injected a LOT of grossness in my life. I was cleaning the kids bathroom this morning, leaning way over a toilet, scrubbing who knows what off the walls and general area, and I realized it doesn't even make me feel queezy anymore. I just jump right in and hum away as I wipe away who knows what. Really, it is better than changing diapers and dealing with large amounts of the unmentionable stuff. I was mopping just outside the bathroom door when I noticed some odd grey/brown item on the floor. I actually held it close to my face and studied it to see if it was what I thought it was. It turned out to be play-dough, but how horrible would it have been if it had been the other unsaid item? Yuk! Yet, I mopped away, totally undisturbed.

On gross job descriptions I currently have, is the constant wiping of Kloe's nose. She generally will get a cold and then have a nasty nose for the duration of winter. It is during this time that I get to chase her around with a kleenex. She does NOT care how nasty her face can get so I have to care for the both of us. I do get the feeling that I should at least shudder a little when I have to catch and wipe the little scamps nose before she takes care of it in her own methods (which are never neat, sanitary, or good for either her or anyone who is watching digestive system\). Oh-well, the nasty little experiences that motherhood provide are probably "character builders"(hmm... this DOES reassure me. I'm sure I've come to this conclusion before somewhere). I was probably to big of a wimp in my former, child-free life. After this job, nothing will phase me!

No comments: