November 16, 2006

Hey numba 2

Hopefully Mom is going to get to come home from the hospital tomorrow but the only way it will be a possibility is if she shows that her colon is working 100%. Sooo... we ordered her some coffee for breakfast and we hope that might get things moving a little bit

Renae finally went home last night. I stayed at the hospital and will stay tonight too. It probably felt pretty good for her to go home! She hadn't been home since they left for their cruise which was almost three weeks ago. It was nice for me to go home and get some real sleep while she was here though. I was starting to lose perspective during those first four days where we didn't really know what was going to happen. I didn't go home (except for an hour at night to get clean clothes) and I was starting to be a little crazy, except for I didn't know I was crazy because I was...well, crazy I ended up yelling at a nurse and fighting with my neice Stephanie because I couldn't handle how they were dealing with my mom. Derrick says I need to learn to let go and let other people help, even if it is not the way I would choose to do it. He is very right. I'm not normally a control freak, but in when crisis mode starts I seem to have a history of trying to get in there front and center and sometimes blocking others who would like to help. I will work on this. That is the thing about these situations. They bring your inner workings out into the daylight where everyone can see them, including yourself. Some of them are great and suprising, like how strong you can be. Some of them need to be fixed, like the inability to accept help. There is one quote from Elenor Rossevelt (?) that I really like where she says women are like teabags: you don't know how strong they are until they are in hot water. I think this applies to all of us right now.

Meanwhile, mom is doing great. She is upstairs drinking her coffee, eating her french toast and getting ready to have her first shower. She is starting to worry about things like what to wear when she leaves (I will be finding some comfy pants today) so I think she is ready to go home. So hopefully, that will be soon. When she does go home we (Renae, Danny, Cookie, Steph and I) are all planning on alternating staying with her to help out with cleaning, cooking and keeping her spirits up. This will work out pretty well because it will mean one or two days with Mom and then we will beable to be at home making sure our own lives stay running. I think my kids are starting to forget what I look like. Kloe cried yesterday because she DID have to stay with me for a little while instead of going with Gramma Kathrine. It hurt my feelers a little, but I know both her and Derrin feel a little abandoned and acting like that is the only way a little one knows how to deal with it. Kathrine has been great though. She has had my babies every day since this all began, and has been so very supportive. She also has brought them in everyday to the hospital to see Mom and me. But it WILL be good for me to be at home again so we can get back into our routine.

So, that is it for now. I will try to keep yall updated as things happen!!

No comments: