November 29, 2006

I WOULD like some cheese with that...

It is hard to be a girl. Not to sound whiney, BUT do men have to deal with cramps that make them feel as though they are going to give birth to something at least 2 or 3 days a month? Come to that, they couldn't possibly understand how bad birth hurts could they ( I admit I had 2 C-sections, but I count that too). Do men have to deal with their own wild mood swings that they have absolutely NO control over? Sure they have to deal with OUR mood swings, but they can ESCAPE them, by going to work, or bringing home chocolate to distract us(this hasn't happened to me yet but I still pray it will someday). We have no such escape, although sometimes tylenol helps.
The ultimate injustice to me is that even though it is MY body and MY mood, Derrick is always the one who figures out why I am being so emotional and not quite right before I do. He tries to be very helpful by pointing out the cause of any such emotional breakdown(he does try to be very understanding). When my hormones are all balanced and good, I would appreciate such insight. But this insight during the "bad" time is like waving a red flag at a bull. It is always hard to take when a week later we (once again) find he is right.

The one bright side of being in the middle of agony is that next week I get to be myself again! It will be the me that takes life a little lighter, the me that doesn't cry over everything, the me that has patience and an amount of serenity! YES!

No comments: