June 10, 2010

Mula

Derrick finally got home at around 11:00 last night and then was out the doors this morning right after the kids left for school. He looked tired. He said he has a full month of work ahead of him (he has a small electrical contracting business)and although this morning that caused a sympathy pain for him, mostly I was doing cartwheels inside. More work means more money. Money? Bah, I HATE the stuff. But I can't afford to be a money hating hippie, fighting the man, when we have two kids, bills, and a mortgage to be paid every month. If I had my choice, we would sell all of our stuff, buy a camper and go live by the river. Several rivers actually- we would just move from river to river like modern day gypsies. I could make jewelery and paintings to sell on the side of the road. Sounds like the life to me!!!

After work today includes: a fun filled trip to the bank, a joyous voyage to the power company to keep us in the grid, a galloping good time down the aisles of the grocery store, and last but not least, a special moment at the post office where I get to mail all of our money off to various bills. It is SO GOOD to be a grown up!

No comments: