June 17, 2010

The Running Blues

Normally by this time in the week I would have ran 18 miles. This week I am at 5. The problem is that I am spoiled. Now that I know how great it is to run outside, it is really hard to plug away on a treadmill while watching the same movies/ series that I've already seen. This is going to be an issue for the rest of the summer, because now that the kids aren't in school, I no longer have the luxury of running in the mornings. My wings have been clipped. I feel it dramatically already- I'm tired, grumpy and feeling depressed- all of the symptoms that I run to keep on top of. It's crazy how fast I fall apart when don't run. *SIGH* I'm either gonna have to suck it up and make myself run on the treadmill, or I'm going to have to start running at night when Derrick gets home from work. That bums me out, because night is OUR time, but it is very important to me that I continue to love
running- how I feel dramatically effects our relationship, more than the hour and a half away from him every night would. I can not stop running. The stakes are too high for me.

No comments: