January 13, 2011

Icy Roads

No husband back yet. The roads were bad last night, and there was still work left to do- two compelling reasons to stay in Lewistown.   All of the not sleeping the night before last helped me to sleep last night.

Derrin came in my room early this morning and asked for me to call about school buses being cancelled- he always sets his alarm to go off super early so he can listen to the radio just in case they hint about bus cancelations. They were wildly hinting this morning that buses were going to be shut down because of icy roads. I called the number and we waited with held breaths, filled with hopes and dreams of sleeping in. Nope. If they only knew of the broken hearts of a little boy and his mother because of their decision to soldier on with bus routes...

I love winter. So much. Does it still count as a positive thought if it is said with sarcasm?

We recieved our Scentsy order from Sabrina yesterday. Our house is filled with the glow of little jars of scented wax. It was a little overwhelming last night- every room had it's own smell (we were a little too excited to try one scent at a time). I left them on all night, a soft glow throughout the house. I think I must've burnt off all of my smelling receptors throughout the night, cuz I don't smell anything now. So cute and pretty though (the holders, not the smeller).



No comments: