January 17, 2011

A Quiet Weekend

No work or school today! Yipeeeeee!  I had a lot of plans today- mostly unfun stuff like cleaning the house and doing laundry (which I am still gonna do), running for a couple of miles on the torture device tread mill, and spending time with my bebes.  So far what I have done is:  1) had two cups of coffee, 2) listened to Derrin's narrative about various fun things to do in WII land, ie making fun characters and checking out the weather in Antartica and kicking butt in Mario Bros., 3) and I've read.  I downloaded a bunch of free books last night, and now I am hooked into several of them.  All of this unproductivity, and it's not even noon.  I know, how do I do it.  Well, I'll tell you: years of practice.

This weekend turned out to be very sweet and low key.  Kloe didn't get as sick as I had feared.  She had a fever all of Friday night, so neither of us got very much sleep.  We wound up sleeping until nearly eleven the next morning, and even then it was just a drowsy day.  She required tylenol exactly every four hours that whole day, or the headache and fever would come back.  All four of us hunkered down and cuddled on the couch that day.  I went into town at one point and got some movies while Derrick played monopoly with the kids, and then we watched movies for the rest of the night.  I LOVE days together like that.  I know someday the real treasured memories are going to be the quiet times we had together.

Sunday was a quiet day too.  We got up early, studied our Watchtowers and went to meeting in the morning (Kloe said it was her favorite meeting ever because the lesson was about young people and goals), and went out for Chinese for lunch.  I went shopping for a while to find Derrin some new jeans (it's the time of the year when they've grown out of or destroyed their school clothes) while Derrick finished the monopoly game with the kids (such a never ending game), in which he let Kloe win in the end (A very hard thing to do for him.  I wouldn't get used to that if I were Kloe).  When I got home, he had to go do  a quick job fixing a friend's hot tub, and then we spent the rest of the night just hanging out together. 

...And now it is a sleepy and cozy Monday, curled up on the couch with my boy.  Wish every day was like this one:)

No comments: