January 11, 2011

Life Stuff

Derrick left to do some work out of town Monday morning, so the kids and I are on our own for a couple of days. I was planning on doing some of the projects I've been thinking about during this time, but so far, nothing.

Last night we watched a movie (The Legend of the Guardians), the kids went to bed, and I sat out here on the couch with one of my journals, listening to the all tragic and depressing girl station on pandora (just enter anything from Tori Amos to Regina Spector as your station, or really any female artist under the age of 40 ),  trying to get words down on the paper... a poem, an idea... It didn't have to be great, or even that good, just wanted to write something; anything.  Turns out there was nothing in there to get out, or at least nothing was showing up. All of that quiet time, wasted! Not really- I tucked myself in on the couch, read for a couple of hours and then went to bed.

This last weekend was really busy. We went to have dinner at some friend's house Friday night, and then service Saturday morning, cleaning the house for a large chunk of that day, and friends over to our house for dinner that night. Then meeting on Sunday...and afterward crashing for a four hour nap. It was a good week though. Our C.O. was here- we had a lot of really great talks. A lot to work on (as always). We heard about maintaining focus, forgiving others and what that means, and supporting eachother.

The kids have their music lessons tonight. Kloe really wants me to go to her drum lessons this time. Could be interesting. She loves it, and wants to show me her drummin' skills. I want to go to Derrin's lesson too. I want his teacher to give him more to work at! I'm getting a bit frustrated with him (the teacher) because I know Derrin can handle more, and needs more to stay motivated. I'm thinking drums take priority this week though, or Kloe may never forgive me.

Wow, this was a rambler. It is so much easier to write about what one is DOING rather that what one is FEELING. I feel a little out of touch with how I feel about anything right now. It's kinda nice, actually:)

No comments: