December 7, 2010

Homework... *blek*

One of the most tricky things about being a parent for me (esp. being Kloe's mom) is that she seems to fight with some of the same things that I am still working on. I want to help her work on the challenging stuff now so it doesn't turn into a lifetime struggle for her too. This being a parent is an interesting thing- it consistently demands I continue to work on my own attitudes so I will be able to help my kids with theirs. Guess we all get to grow, so it's a very good thing. 

I've always been an ardent homework hater.  It's one thing to be a protester of it as a kid, but it is doing a disservice to hold on to that attitude as a parent.  Apparently, homework is a constant in life.  New goal alert:  2nd grade homework has priority from 3:15-4:00 Monday-Friday until the end of the school year.  Yee-haw!!! We can do this.

No comments: